Instructions for submitting a proposal:
Applications submissions and any consultation about this RFA should be submitted in PDF form via email at email@example.com. All queries and submitted applications will be acknowledged. FAQs will be updated periodically and posted (shared with all parties) via the UNCDF website where the RFA was initially advertised.
The subject line of the email should be: PoWER Country Assessments.
The deadline to submit the application is October 28th 2016 at 23:59 EST.
It is anticipated that negotiations and grant signing will commence within several weeks of application submission.
Duration: The overall duration of the study should be not more than 6 months. Expected date of full completion is 31 March 2017.
Grant dollar limits: UNCDF has a budget (maximum available) of US$ 150,000.
UNCDF is seeking applications from qualified technical partners (e.g. non-profit organization, educational organization, consulting firm) with the capacity to (1) develop a tool to conduct a country assessment on financial inclusion access and agency issues for women and girls in advancing their economic participation and to (2) conduct country specific assessments in a minimum of three countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, ASEAN, and/or SAARC.
Minimum qualification criteria
- At least five years in operation;
- Having conducted similar assignments in Least Developed Countries;
- Provide written confirmation (annex 1) that the organization has reviewed the UNCDF Grant Agreement template (available upon request), is prepared to sign it by November 1st 2016, without revision to standard language;
- Submit a complete application.
Other requirements and qualifications
- Any type of organization (commercial for profit firm, educational institution, and non-profit organization) is eligible to compete;
- Previous experience with gender, in particular, women’s and girls’ economic empowerment;
- Previous experience in financial inclusion, highly desirable;
- Confirmed human resources to cover all planned/required activities;
- Evidence of experience documenting knowledge and disseminating in both English and French;
- Evidence of a professional knowledge product production process;
- Experience packaging knowledge products in an innovative manner;
- Previous experience in the potential countries to be assessed, preferred.
Structure of the Application
- The application should follow the template provided in Annex 1.
- Only applications that follow the Submission Format and include all the necessary documentation will be accepted.
Submission of the Application
- Applications and any consultation about this RFA should be submitted in PDF form via email at Power.firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The subject line of the email should be: PoWER Country Assessments;
- The deadline to submit the application is October 28th 2016 at 23:59 EST.